Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Great Video About The State Of The Internet

It's fun. It's animated. It has a great soundtrack. And this short video has a fantastic overview of just how BIG the internet and our world of bloggers has become...


JESS3 / The State of The Internet from JESS3 on Vimeo.



While the numbers can seem overwhelming, remember, we each just need to find OUR Zen path to blogging.

You need the one thing that can distinguish your blog from the 126 million other blogs out there.

And you already HAVE that one thing. It's YOU.

Here's the secret:

Be yourself when you blog.

Your passion.

Your perspective.

Your voice.


Now that's Zen.

Thanks to Jess3 for creating this video, and to

Greg Pincus, my friend and social media guru who shared this video on his social media blog, The Happy Accident, which is where I saw it for the first time.

Greg has the incredible ability to make the whole world of social media (including facebook, twitter, blogs, etc...) more comprehensible and less overwhelming, and his blog is a Zen must read.

Namaste,
Lee

4 comments:

  1. Man, sometimes it's tough being yourself in your own blog. I've spouted, frothed, ranted, did the TMI thing - and like you noted before, once it's in cyberspace, God help you. :D

    It's also very loneliness-inducing (for lack of a better term) when you feel like you're talking into a chasm, and you've no idea if your posts are being read by others. I've got statcounter, so I'm aware of my blog traffic, but you know what I mean.

    I think the next step up from loneliness is paranoia. I've gone past that point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shun cold, mechanical blogs. I look for a unique voice in a blog, with both personal and professional information posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog through a link to a link from another blog I follow. Amazing how that happens.

    Looking forward to more great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Greg's blog. I have no idea how he juggles all that stuff. When my attention is too fractured in various directions, it's a lot harder to be Zen...

    ReplyDelete